Sunday, April 20, 2008

I wonder if a team of goats....

This very sentence began five minutes of cackling by me and my husband. At the time, I was looking along the vast soul-deadening expanse of Northwest Expressway, wondering how in heck the city will be able to afford to mow the medians and sidebars this summer.

So I said "I wonder if a team of goats....". Of course, to my husband, this fragment came out of nowhere. Big grin. I looked at him. And started giggling. 5 minutes later, he comments that the other guys at work talk about what they and their wives discussed that night/weekend, but he never can.

I try not to bother my dear husband too much about peak oil, but frankly it's all I think about, besides the baby. So naturally, I'm always announcing that we now need to buy something new or do something different or worry about some new crisis. So it's nice to be able to laugh about the goats, sometimes.

2 comments:

Lewru said...

Sheep were used in clear kudzu off of power lines in Florida. Goats would be great! Or we could just let it grow a bit...

And 12 tomato plants is not nearly enough.

HausFrau said...

I only have 5! Maybe it's time to add another bed.