Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Stars aligning

I think the New York Times is conspiring to write articles that will convince people to start preparing for peak oil!

Trucker strike

Asian inflation spreads to USA

Whatever it is you can't live without, or want to get now while it's still cheap - go get it. Don't get me wrong; I don't mean for you to max out your credit cards or take out a HELOC, just spend what you can.

As for me, I've put in some summer garden veggies - 4 types of tomatoes, 4 types of peppers, a zucchini, and need to finish off the rest of my seeds this week - okra, winter squash, pumpkin, flowers, and beans. I also stocked up on baby food, even though I think a REAL Frau would be making her own baby food, I don't have a food processor yet.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Uh-oh. 32 degrees predicted here on Saturday night. Be sure to get a couple frost blankets on those babies. Tax day is safe day!

HausFrau said...

I know... it's all my parents fault....but I will get out my water towers and a frost blanket. Thanks for the reminder!