Thursday, May 22, 2008

Garden update

Just thought I'd let ya'll know how the HausFrau's amateur gardening efforts are going....

Everything in the summer garden has been planted.
  • 5 tomatoes
  • 5 peppers
  • 2 eggplants
  • 3 pumpkins
  • 2 zuchinnis
  • 3 buttercup squash
  • 3 cucumbers
  • Leftover radishes, beets, carrots, spinach, lettuce, onions from the spring garden
  • Herbs: parsley, rosemary, thyme, oregano, chives
  • Perennial veggies: bloody sorrel, salad burnet, asparagus

The tomatoes, peppers, and zukes have set a few fruits. The lettuce is not doing as well as I would like in the container. The Bull's Blood beets are beautiful and I have been harvesting the leaves for salads. One tomato is pretty sickly looking; the stem was half severed in a recent wind storm.

As I look over my list it does not look like nearly enough!! Oh well, hopefully TEOTWAWKI will not occur this year. But still, I will be planting a big fall garden and also, will order 3 years of OP seeds within the next month.

1 comment:

Lewru said...

I guess it all depends on what you eat to determine if it's enough. If your zucchini and squash are in the right places they will be PLENTY! :)

I wonder why your Bull's Blood is going gangbusters and mine isn't. Curious.

Also, you might check the Baker's Creek jumbo homestead package if you want to buy three years worth of seeds. They've got some good deals on collections.