I think we can cross Nintendo and clothes dryers off the list. And while undoubtedly it won't work out this way (probably the rich will keep getting as much as they want while the rest get what they can afford), I think it's good to think ahead - in case we have the chance to make intelligent choices.
Here's my short list for best use of electricity:
- Neighborhood canning kitchens
- Emergency rooms
- Wellness & family planning clinics
- Weather information & alerts
- Ceiling fans
- Efficient cookstoves (only to be used when the sun isn't shining ;)
- Alleve :)
- Birth control
- Canning lids
- Bike tires
- Soap & detergent & floss & toothpaste
- Chocolate & coffee
Your thoughts and wish lists?