Saturday, January 30, 2010

What's on the shelf?


I've been snowed into the house for the past two days, and probably will be for another two, but luckily I have an extensive collection of literature documenting the train wreck we call modern civilization (along with some gardening, preserving, and community building books), which proves to be both endlessly amusing and instructive. Don't get me wrong - I'm what you might call a "heavy user" of library services, but sometimes I need reference books to be available at all times.

3 comments:

Sharlene T. said...

We're snowed in, too, and it's a perfect reason to catch up on my new resource books. Leftovers need to be given new faces. And, of course, the garden needs to be planned. I was going to say no way to go shopping BUT, thanks to the Internet . . .

edsumisu45 said...

Gosh, that is very similar to my bookshelf! Agree, reference books are always needed; we have so much to write about sustainability and the reasons behind it.

This morning I ordered more seeds for an additional herb garden: garlic chives, rosea lavender, Chinese licorice, and zaatar.

Fortunately New England is being spared snow this weekend. I will take my Peak Oil walk to remain in shape. Also, the bright sun will provide me a dose of vitamin D3.

Eddie

Mia @ agoodhuman said...

Well I hate to tell you that we have a beautiful sunny day here in San Diego. Nonetheless I went to the library this morning and stocked up on some 'light' reading for the month. My new library books include: The End of Energy Obesity, Crude World, Globalization and it's discontents, While America Aged and The Choice - Global Domination or Global Leadership.